This week in our best butt exercises feature I have a real glute burner for you! If you want an awesome butt exercise that you’ll really feel in your glutes then you will love this fantastic butt isolating exercise which can easily be performed at home.
Allow me to introduce to you – froggy glute lifts!
Exercise: Froggy Glute Lifts
Muscles worked: Hamstrings, Glutes, Core.
Jolie Recommends: 50-100 reps
Difficulty rating: 2
Effectiveness rating: 9
Best Butt Exercise #5: Froggy Glute Lifts
I love this exercise.
It is great for a quick butt workout that can literally be done lying down, even in bed if you like! Now, there’s not that many exercises you can claim that for!
The video below shows the exercise being performed with a small ball, but you can do it without any extra equipment at all by just touching and squeezing your heels together. I like to touch the whole sole of my feet together as it helps to angle the knees outward. Then, simply squeeze and lift, and voilà! Butt burn will quickly ensue.
How To Do The Move
- Start lying on your stomach. With your knees touching the ground, bend your knees to lift your feet up and behind you, keeping the soles of your feet touching together. You’ll need to spread your knees wide apart to do this.
- Keeping your core/abdomnials tight, press your feet together firmly and try to raise them vertically up! Your knees should come off the ground by even up to several inches, and you’ll need to really squeeze your buttocks to get your feet up.
- Squeeze squeeze squeeze at the top! The range of motion may not be that large, but you should feel a good burn in your glutes. Lower the feet back down, without touching your knees to the ground this time.
- Squeeze your glutes to lift your feet back up for another rep. Repeat. You can do fast pulses or slow and powerful reps – experiment with this one to see what burns best!
Perfecting Your Form
- Keep the core engaged throughout the exercise and you can turn this into a great abdominal and back workout as well.
- Focus on lifting the heels vertically up as high as possible so that your thighs lift clear of the ground – keep the thighs and knees angled outwards throughout the motion.
- Make sure the movement is originating from the glutes and not from arching your back. Keep the movement slow and controlled and pause at the top for extra effectiveness.
- Squeezing the heels together will add another level of glute activation to this exercise (as if it couldn’t get any better already).
Perform anywhere between 50 – 100 reps of this exercise, or even just 10-20 with slow control and pauses at the top. Another one I like to do is to just lift and hold for as long as possible, then take a short break and move on to doing as many reps as I can. Pre-fatiguing the glutes like this can yield even greater results from your glute workout.
Ankle weights can be added if you want to make this one harder, and I highly recommend it. Feel free to trade a higher number of reps for a low-rep, weighted version. Your glutes will be looking fab in no time.
4 thoughts on “Best Butt Exercises: Froggy Glute Lifts”
Ooh! Gonna try this one before I sleep!
Well, there’s nothing to say you can’t do this one lying down in bed… so all you’ll have to do is roll over and fall asleep after that, lol! 🙂
I am a 15 year old girl and trying this out
I’m wondering how long I have to do this in order to see progress
I’m trying to get the shape I want
hopefully someone can fill me out
Hey there Brea, at your age I would say there’s a good chance your body is still developing and so your butt shape might still change. Of course including glute-focused exercises with a goal of increasing your muscle mass there may help as well. Good luck!